Cameron Elementary School Library has over 11,000 books and access to additional resources.
- Students in all grades receive 30 minutes of library time. Library lessons include library organization, book care, book selection, research, and the use of digital tools and resources. Students are permitted the last 10 minutes of library time for checkout.
- Students in Kindergarten may check out one book for the week. First graders may check out two books every week. Second and third graders can check out up to three or four books. Students in upper grades have unlimited checkout. However, check out can be altered due to holidays, author presentations, and book availability. Students are encouraged to return books every week, but books are not considered overdue until the third week. An overdue notice will be generated, hand-delivered to the student and mailed home.
Our School Librarian
- Librarian, ES
- The Cameron Elementary School Library allows students to access a number of both print and electronic resources. Students receive instruction on the proper use of these resources in both the library and their classrooms.
- Students are encouraged to use the online databases for research which can be accessed from any electronic device with internet capability. For database passwords, please contact Ms. Lanier.
- Students in Fairfax County have access to a number of digital book websites including myOn, Tumble Books, Tumble Book Cloud, and Tumble Book Cloud Junior. These websites allow students to read books or have books read to them on a computer. For digital book passwords, please contact Ms. Lanier.
CAMERON ES LIBRARY CATALOG
ONLINE DATABASES AND EBOOKS
TumbleBooks has over 1,000 titles including story books, read alongs, videos, nonfiction, math stories, puzzle games and more. See your teacher or librarian for username/password.
Log on with FCPS username and password.